Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Plastic Bags Could Still Be Complimentary.

It bugs me that I have to pay for plastic bags in grocery stores. I mean, groceries are expensive. Food is expensive. Where does the food come from? The grocery store. Do they not think I am paying them enough without having to throw in the extra bit for plastic bags?

Their excuse is that it's "saving the environment"...it's not really.

Guess what percent plastic bags make up of the "waste stream".


I think grocery stores should say "we're milking this environment thing for all it's got, and squeezing just that much more money out of our customers. We like money, people, and getting an extra ten cents per bag, with all the customers going through here...score!"

I'd commend their honesty.

1 comment:

  1. Exactly.

    At least Wal-Mart and Zellers still give them away for free. ;)

    ReplyDelete